Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome & kidney failure.
Until a vaccine is discovered, it is important to contain the virus by following these steps advised by the National Health Service:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterward
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Touching or shaking hands with a person that has the virus can pass the virus from one person to another; so it is imperative that hands stay frequently sanitised. Our Pursan Alcohol Sanitiser contains 70% alcohol which works to combat the spread of Coronavirus.
Order yours today to keep your workplace free from coronavirus.